The European Society for Applied Superconductivity was founded on September 4, 1998 in Frankfurt, Germany. The Society is legally established in Enschede/Netherlands with a tax exempt status. It is registered (KvK number 06090962) at the Chamber of Commerce in Enschede. Statutes govern the operation of the society.Its goals are :
- to strengthen the position of Applied Superconductivity, especially in Europe,
- to represent Applied Superconductivity in social, scientific, educational, industrial and political forums,
- and to promote communication in the area of Applied Superconductivity.
- supporting the organization of conferences, such as the European Conference on Applied Superconductivity EUCAS,
- supporting the organization of workshops and schools in the area of Applied Superconductivity,
- supporting European research proposals and projects in the area of Applied Superconductivity,
- supporting the participation of young scientists in workshops and conferences in the area of Applied Superconductivity.